Monday, May 27, 2013

2 months healthier

March 26: This was the day that kicked off this journey. I went to my first workout at Synergy Fitness. It kicked my butt into the dirt. I had never actually thrown up after working out, but I did that day! I considered giving up. Why do something that is sooo HARD!!! I wanted to say, forget this, it's not worth it. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't give up. 
This is me, just a week before I started working out. I hated taking pictures where you could see all of me. I had a big ol' belly and my face was all swollen. It was embarrassing to say the least.
Fast forward two months, May 26. Hey look at that! There's an actual waist! In two months time, I've lost 8 pounds. I also lost 3 and a half inches around my waist (wow!), 1 inch around my hips, and 1 inch from my thighs. 

It's not been easy. It's been very hard. I've wanted to give up so many times. Every time I get shin splints, blisters, or sore ankles, I ask myself "why are you doing this?!" Every time I go to the grocery store, my inner fat girl says, "oh, go ahead and get that slice of cheesecake. It's just one. While you're at it, grab some Cheez-Its too." If I gave into my inner voices, I wouldn't have this picture. I wouldn't be where I am now. 

For anyone out there trying to lose weight, kick a bad habit, or continue in their journey towards health, don't give up. It's a journey, not a one stop trip. Every road has bumps, potholes, twists, and turns. This trip is the same. There might be setbacks. I had a week where I gained 2 pounds and another couple weeks where I didn't lose any. That's okay! It just showed me what I needed to improve upon. Remember: it's not going to happen all at once. I didn't gain this weight all in one day, I won't lose it that quickly either! Keep trekking on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment