Friday, May 17, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 4

So I was in a complete brain fog all day long today. I had an interview at 12 so my mind was more focused on that. Sorry for not having beautiful photo documentation of my lovely juices. I'll try my best to paint a picture with my words! ;)

Breakfast

1/2 pint strawberries
2 Granny Smith apples
1/4 cucumber
1/2 lime

Something strange happens when you juice a strawberry. It turns into this odd, gelatinous pink slime. It looks a bit like melted jelly. Not to say it isn't good, but I didn't expect it. When I added the apples and cucumber, it helped the strawberry goo to mix into a lovely shade of Pepto Bismol pink drink.

Lunch

4 kale leaves, blended
1/2 cucumber
2 celery ribs
1 Granny Smith apple
1/2 lime
1 mint leaf

Sometimes, when you don't blend kale well, it looks like something from a swamp. It turned into slimy clumps of green. Ew. The taste was good, especially with the mint, but it was not something anyone would want to see. I also discovered that large amounts of kale introduced quickly into a diet can cause some serious stomach pains. I'm taking that into consideration and will most likely go back to spinach as my green of choice.

Workout

Thursday is leg day! Woo hoo! Time to get your butt in shape! I just love leg day. I'm that weird person that likes squats. Ooooh squats, my fave! I was about 10 minutes late (got stuck behind a train), but I was still able to work up a good sweat.

Dinner

Since my husband had already eaten dinner, I picked up Subway. I had a 6" oven roasted chicken sandwich on wheat with avocado, spinach, pickles, and olives. Deeeeelicious! I also had some baked sour cream and onion chips. 

End of the day

I learned about the effects of cruciferous veggies. I learned that strawberries turn into melted jelly because of the pectin (thanks, Mom!). Detox side effects suck. But this is my challenge and I'm going to make it to next Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment