Monday, May 13, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 1

I had been looking for a way to really kick off my weight loss while detoxing my body of all the junk. I came across an amazing documentary on Netflix, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". It followed two guys who drastically improved their health through a fruit/veggie juice diet. If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest checking it out! It inspired me to do a modified version to detox my body. I decided to do a 10 day juice cleanse and detox. I will be making fresh fruit and veggie juices for breakfast and lunch. For dinners, I will be eating healthy meals (low carb, low fat, little to no processed foods). I will be documenting each day along with the recipes for the day!

Monday, May 13th: Day 1

Breakfast 
1 ruby red grapefruit
1 Granny Smith apple
1 handful spinach

Wow! This juice was so full of flavor! It was very refreshing and surprisingly filling. I couldn't even taste the spinach! 

Lunch
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
3 ribs celery
2 carrots
2 handfuls of spinach (blended, not juiced)

Homemade V8 without all the added sodium! It was delicious. I did have to get past the fact that it looked like swamp goo but it was very good. Packed with veggies and a great lunch.

Dinner

1 cup broccoli slaw, sautéed in olive oil
1 cup marinara
1/4 cup mozzarella
Shredded rotisserie chicken

I decided to make a low carb version of chicken parmigiana. I used the broccoli slaw as a base instead of spaghetti, and topped it with chicken, marinara, and a little mozzarella. I've used broccoli slaw instead of pasta before and I find I don't even miss the noodles. I meant to take a picture but ate it all before I remembered!


End of the day

I did have a bit of a headache in the afternoon, but that went away. The juices kept me a lot more fill than I would have thought! I also drank a lot of water throughout the day. I'm looking forward to the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment