Saturday, May 18, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 6

Today, for the first time, I noticed I wasn't as hungry as I usually was. I woke up at 6:30, a bit later than usual. I'm usually starving by 7:30 (or at least I think I am), but today I wasn't hungry until after I worked out! I don't know if this has something to do with the juice cleanse. I have noticed I'm getting used to smaller portions! Today was a bit different than the rest of the cleanse. I'll go more into this in this post.

Breakfast


I ran out of fruits for my breakfast juice, so I stopped off at Target to get some more. Since I had already worked out and was hungry, I went ahead and picked up a Naked protein juice smoothie. It was quite good! It had pineapple, coconut, and banana: a lovely tropical start to my day. My adorable little corgi, Charlie, really wanted to try some. I gave him just a teeny bit off the lid.  He wasn't impressed like I was.

Lunch

1 apple
2 carrots

Since I had my breakfast smoothie around 11, I wasn't hungry again until around 3. By that point, I was already cooking dinner. I made a small carrot and apple juice as a snack. It was just the right amount to tide me over until dinner.

Dinner


1 lb lean ground beef
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2 cans mixed vegetables
1 can diced tomatoes
Beef broth, no fat, reduced sodium

I love soup. I love how it fills the kitchen with delicious smells as it simmers in the stove. Vegetable beef soup is one of my favorites! It's so easy to put together. It's filling without a ton of calories. It makes a ton for leftovers. What's not to love?

Workout

Saturday mornings are perfect for working out! Got a great full body workout to help burn calories throughout the day. I was even able to do 10 push-ups total! Next Sunday will be the 2 month mark since I've started attending the boot camp. In that time, I've lost a total of 8 and a half pounds. I've also lost an inch around my hips and 3 inches around my waist! Woo hoo!

End of the day

It was a nice relaxing day. I bought some cherries and mangos to try in my juices for the rest of the week. I also made some sassy water (more on that in Sunday's post). Still going strong in the cleanse...only 4 more days!

**Food for thought**

Saturdays are for relaxing. My favorite ways to relax are snuggling up with my dogs (Charlie Bug, a corgi, and Margie, a beagle-corgi mix), reading on my Kindle, taking a nap, or meditating. I did a bit of all of these today. I feel as if these recharge my body and mind for the rest of the week. How do you recharge? Comment at the bottom of this post with your favorite ways to "recharge"!


No comments:

Post a Comment