Tuesday, May 21, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Days 7 and 8

I totally have been spacing out lately! I forgot to do a post for days 7 and 8! I'll combine them into one. Sorry about that.

Day 7, breakfast
1/2 sweet potato
1 apple
2 carrots

I'd heard that sweet potatoes would add a delightful flavor to my juice. Whoever said that was full of it. Blech! It tasted like sweaty, dirty feet. I barely finished half before I threw it out. The dogs even sniffed it and turned away! I learned sweet potatoes are only good fried and covered in ketchup.

Day 7, lunch
Just about every Sunday, since we've been married, we go out to eat for lunch. Our favorite place to eat is a little cafe called Texan Cafe. They have the best home style cookin' around. They even know us when we come in! Since I'm trying to eat healthier, I skipped my traditional chicken fried steak and went for the grilled catfish. It was so good! It had a good spicy seasoning that, paired with the lemon, set it off perfectly. My husband even tried some and liked it! I'll be getting this again.

Day 7, dinner
1 jar homegrown tomatoes
2 ribs celery 

Since I ate lunch, I did my juice for dinner. I just blend up the tomatoes and celery, and then warm it up like soup. 

End of the day
I love the weekend. I got to spend some quality time with my 3 loves, two of which are of the fuzzy and four-legged kind. Lesson learned today: sweet potatoes are nasty.

Day 8, breakfast

1 apple
3 carrots
1 peach

I saw the prettiest peaches at the grocery store the night before. I thought they'd make a good addition to my juices. I got home, made my juice...the peaches had no flavor. Oh well. It really isn't peach season yet.

Day 8, lunch

1 handful spinach
1 cucumber
1 apple
2 ribs celery

So part of my being out of it included not taking pics of my lunch! It was my green juice I've made before. As always, pretty good.

Day 8, dinner
I love having a George Foreman grill! I grilled up some angus burger patties for dinner. 
I love adding salsa to my burger instead of tomatoes! I meant to thaw out the avocado for a topping but forgot. That will be for another day.

End of the day

While I've enjoyed the results I've had on the juice cleanse (more energy, less water retention), I can't wait to eat breakfast and lunch again. I miss my egg white florentine breakfast sandwiches! Only 2 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment