Friday, May 17, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 5

I've reached the halfway point! Happy dance! I weighed in this morning and had lost 1.5 pounds since I began this! That's not even the best part. My fingers and face aren't swollen anymore, my breakouts are clearing up, and I have so much more energy! I woke up and didn't even feel like I needed my Diet Dr Pepper, like I usually do. I pushed past the hardest part and I'm on the other side now. :)

Breakfast

**I used my Ninja blender this morning instead of my juicer**

1 grapefruit
1 Granny Smith apple
1 scoop whey protein
1 cup water

I am almost out of apples, so I decided to blend a whole apple instead of juicing two. I also blended the whole grapefruit, minus the peel. The result was a very thick smoothie, especially with the addition of the whey protein. I added a cup of water to help it mix together. I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of grapefruit. It has an odd aftertaste. I didn't notice it before when I had more juice with it. It wasn't my favorite I've had during this week and I probably will cut back on the grapefruit.

Lunch

1 jar homegrown canned tomatoes, peeled 
2 ribs celery

I had some jars of tomatoes I got from my aunt and uncle a while back. I decided to use a whole jar and blend it with celery. I heated it up and ate it like soup. It was very filling and yummy.

Workout

Upper body day. Ohhhhhh mah goodness, my abs and arms HATE ME right now! I attempted a pull-up for the first time. Attempted, not succeeded in doing. I did, however, get my push-up count to eight! I'm gonna be feeling this tomorrow, fo sho!

Dinner


I do love pizza. There's something just right about pizza on a Friday night. I wanted to try making a homemade pizza for the first time. I found a recipe from Money Saving Mom on Pinterest I wanted to try (I'll post the link when I get on my laptop). I cut the recipe in half to make one crust. On my half, I had pepperoni and mushroom. On my husband's half, he had double pepperoni. I was stuffed after two slices! It was better than I expected it to be!
Pizza crust recipe

1 cup warm water
1 packet yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 cups flour (can be white, wheat, or mixture)

Combine all ingredients together. Mix until dough forms a ball. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Press dough onto pan. Add toppings and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until lightly brown and bubbly.

End of the day

Today was the best day so far. I had zero side effects and had more energy than I've had in awhile. My clothes are even fitting better! Now, time to get some rest over the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment