Wednesday, May 15, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 3

Detox effects are in full force today. I've had aches, nausea, and other side effects that a lady doesn't talk about. However, I'm actually glad about these. It means I'm getting rid of all the toxins my body has been holding onto! Yay! Nothing a lot of water, Advil, and a nice soak in the tub couldn't help.

Breakfast

1 beet
2 apples
2 carrots
1 scoop whey protein

Aren't beets just the prettiest? Be careful! They stain EVERYTHING a lovely red color...and I do mean everything (I'll just leave this to your imagination). This juice was a little too sweet for my taste with the whole beet and the carrots, plus the vanilla whey protein. I might cut back to half a beet next time I make this. Otherwise, I give this two red-stained thumbs up!

Lunch

4 kale leaves
2 ribs celery
2 Granny Smith apples
1/2 cucumber
1 lime
1/2 inch ginger

This is almost the same as the green juice I made yesterday. The only additions are the lime and ginger. I had never used ginger before, so I was not sure how much to use. I found out how much was too much though! Whew! I tasted ginger and cucumber the rest of the day. Also, a funny side note: never drop a lime in the juicer while the motor is going. It will fly in the air, smack you in the eye, and make you say not very nice things. For tomorrow, I'm leaving out the ginger and adding mint. This was a bright and lovely drink for lunch. Plus, it's pretty!

Dinner

2 wheat carb balance tortillas, baked
1 cup shredded chicken and salsa
1 cup romaine
1 tablespoon light sour cream
Queso fresco and salsa verde

As I said last night, we love tacos around here. I had some leftover salsa chicken I made last week. I just baked some of the tortillas for yesterday to use as tostada shells, then topped it with the chicken and toppings. Om nom nom...

End of the day

Today was icky. I just felt, well, ICKY, most of the day. From what I've read on other blogs and websites, the side effects should lessen from here on out. I'm feeling less bloated than I did before I started. That's one of the best motivators so far! Looking forward to the next 7 days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment