Tuesday, May 14, 2013

10 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 2



Day 2 in my juice cleanse! I have to admit, I was not too happy with how I felt today. I was cranky and had THE WORST headache ever. I didn't even feel hungry, just mad at everyone else who was eating!  In order not to smack my coworkers down, I added a snack in the afternoon. Angry lady went away, headache left, and the rest of the day was just peachy.

Breakfast 

2 apples
2 carrots
1 handful of spinach

This is such a good breakfast juice! It looks so gross but don't let that fool you. It's pleasantly sweet and filling!


Lunch

3 kale leaves
1 cucumber
3 ribs celery
1 apple

I've decided I don't like juicing kale. It just doesn't have a lot of juice to it! Next time, I'll blend the kale in the blender with some of the juice. All in all, it had a very refreshing taste and was satisfying for a lunch.


Snack 

I had such a bad headache, I decided I needed a snack. I always carry the Kind fruit and nut bars in my purse, so I grabbed one of those. It was the cranberry and almond bar. These are awesome snacks! They're all natural and filled with wholesome ingredients. Two thumbs up from this now-non-cranky lady!

Workout

Ah, my favorite part of the day!! I attend a fitness boot camp class at Synergy Fitness. If you are in the Austin, TX area, you need to check it out!! It has seriously revved up my workouts to a level I never thought possible. The coaches are amazing and so encouraging. Sure, my butt feels like it's going to fall off, and I'm so sweaty it feels like I went swimming, but it is the best thing after a long day of work! 

Dinner

Tonight, I decided to make turkey tacos with homemade taco seasoning. Earlier today, I posted my recipe for taco seasoning. I was very excited to find wheat carb balance tortillas at the store today, so I had two small tacos along with a side salad. Yum yum :)

End of the day

With day 2 over, I'm looking forward to how I feel the next few days. I knew the first few days were going to be rough so I expected the headache. I decided to add a handful of almonds as a snack before my workouts from now on. I will also be adding protein powder to my breakfast juices. I don't want to lose muscle during this process. Other than that, I'm happy with the way things are going.  Many new juices and meals coming up this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment