Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mexican Chicken Salad

So I haven't posted in over a month!! Sorry about that! I kept putting off my blogging for other things, you know, like being lazy and watching Netflix. Well, the lazy days are over. Isn't it easy to be lazy when it's so bloody hot outside?! I don't want to do anything but lay around with some lemonade in my nice air conditioning.

When it's this hot out, I don't want to cook. Well, I want to cook but it heats up the house too much. I use my crock pot a lot during the summer, or make sandwiches and salads. One meal I make to break up the sandwich monotony is my mexican chicken salad. Super easy and no cooking involved.

2 cans chunk chicken breast, fat free, drained
1 package frozen corn, thawed
1 can black beans, drained (I forgot this when I was making it and had to add it later)
1 small can green chilies
Salsa verde, to taste
Cheddar cheese, if wanted
Cilantro
Garlic powder
Chili powder


Mix everything together and chill in fridge. Super easy. Goes great in salads, served with chips, or by itself. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment