Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Weight Watchers

Well, it's been 3 months since I started this journey. My exercise part has been good. My diet, eh, not so much. I needed something to hold me accountable, since I wasn't doing that myself. I was watching calories but still eating high fat junk. My portion sizes has reduced but were not what I wanted. I decided to join Weight Watchers.

I've done Weight Watchers in the past, but would quit when I got frustrated. I know this time I can't do that to myself anymore. I'm doing the online tools for now but might join up with the meetings in the future. I like how I can scan something in the grocery store and immediately see the points per serving. I also like that there's a kitchen companion app for the iPad. I can easily pull up WW approved recipes and generate a list of ingredients. Another thing that intrigues me about WW is swapping points. I can swap my accumulated activity points for a treat, such as my fave green tea frapuccino! 

As with anything else, it will only work if I work with it. I will be weighing in and doing measurements each Monday. I will post those numbers as well as a picture of my weekly chart in this blog. Putting it all out there will help keep me accountable!

If you have any websites with WW recipes or other healthy recipes, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment